What is Riomet used for?

Riomet, one of the brand names for metformin, is a prescription drug used to treat type 2 diabetes. Riomet helps control blood sugar levels by decreasing the liver's glucose production and reducing the amount of glucose absorbed by the intestines. Riomet comes as a liquid you take by mouth with meals and is most effective when combined with following a healthy diet and getting plenty of exercise.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Why is metformin a key medication for people with diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
For many years, the first-line medication for Type-2 Diabetes has been the pill called metformin...
Can I drink wine if I take metformin?
You should not drink wine or any other alcoholic beverage while you're taking metformin (Glucophag...
Is my metformin tablet working if it sometimes shows up in the toilet?
If you're taking extended-release metformin tablets for type 2 diabetes, the shell of the tablet m...