What is the proper dose size of Glumetza?

When taking Glumetza, there is not a "proper" dose for everyone because not everyone reacts to it in the same way. This drug is usually taken once daily. Typically, doses begin at 1,000 mg. per day. A lower dose is first prescribed, and then gradually increased. This amount is taken with food, in the evening. The dosage is increased by 500 mg. each week. No more than 2000 mg. should be taken in each day.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
Can my child with type 2 diabetes take metformin?
Your child with type 2 diabetes may be able to take metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a drug use...
If I get dehydrated, can I keep taking my metformin?
If you become dehydrated while on metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a drug used to treat type 2 ...
Is my metformin tablet working if it sometimes shows up in the toilet?
If you're taking extended-release metformin tablets for type 2 diabetes, the shell of the tablet m...