What is the proper dose size of Glumetza?

When taking Glumetza, there is not a "proper" dose for everyone because not everyone reacts to it in the same way. This drug is usually taken once daily. Typically, doses begin at 1,000 mg. per day. A lower dose is first prescribed, and then gradually increased. This amount is taken with food, in the evening. The dosage is increased by 500 mg. each week. No more than 2000 mg. should be taken in each day.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
How does the diabetes drug glucophage work?
Because the diabetes drug glucophage increases insulin sensitivity, it seems to reduce inflammation ...
Can I take metformin with insulin for my type 2 diabetes?
Metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet) is a prescription medication that helps to control blood sugar le...
What happens if I drink a lot while I am taking metformin?
Drinking a lot of alcohol while taking metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), especially over a short...