What should I know about Riomet before taking it?

Before taking Riomet, you should know that it is one of the brand names for metformin, a drug used to treat type 2 diabetes in conjunction with proper diet and exercise. Riomet helps control blood sugar levels by decreasing the liver's glucose production and reducing the amount of glucose absorbed by the intestines.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
Can the diabetes drug metformin reduce the risk of prostate cancer?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
Some studies have shown that men with diabetes are less likely to develop prostate cancer than the g...
Why is metformin a key medication for people with diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
For many years, the first-line medication for Type-2 Diabetes has been the pill called metformin...
Do I have to monitor my blood glucose levels if I am on metformin?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Not everyone agrees with me on this, but I very strongly feel that everyone with diabetes should be ...