What should I know about Riomet before taking it?

Before taking Riomet, you should know that it is one of the brand names for metformin, a drug used to treat type 2 diabetes in conjunction with proper diet and exercise. Riomet helps control blood sugar levels by decreasing the liver's glucose production and reducing the amount of glucose absorbed by the intestines.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
How does metformin interact with other medications or foods?
Medications that interact with metformin include digoxin, cimetidine, furosemide, nifedipine, am...
If I'm sick and can't eat, can I take my metformin without food?
You should always take the diabetes drug metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet) with a meal, so if you...
If I'm going to have surgery, can I keep taking my metformin?
If you are going to have surgery, talk to your doctor about whether you can keep taking metformin ...