What happens if I miss a dose of Glumetza (metformin)?

If you miss a dose of Glumetza (metformin), take the missed tablet as soon as you realize you have missed it. Make sure you take your missed dose with some food. If you do not remember you missed it until it is time to take your next dose, skip the dose you missed. Do not take extra tablets or double up on doses. If you are concerned about missing a dose of Glumetza, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Do I always have to take metformin with food?
You should always take your metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet) with a meal, unless your doctor has g...
Can people with type 1 diabetes take metformin?
People with type 1 diabetes should not take metformin. This prescription medication for controllin...
What health problems besides diabetes may be treated with metformin?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Insulin resistance is one of the key factors leading to diabetes, but it is increasingly recognized ...