What happens if I miss a dose of Glumetza (metformin)?

If you miss a dose of Glumetza (metformin), take the missed tablet as soon as you realize you have missed it. Make sure you take your missed dose with some food. If you do not remember you missed it until it is time to take your next dose, skip the dose you missed. Do not take extra tablets or double up on doses. If you are concerned about missing a dose of Glumetza, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Why is metformin a key medication for people with diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
For many years, the first-line medication for Type-2 Diabetes has been the pill called metformin...
Am I likely to get lactic acidosis from taking metformin?
Lactic acidosis -- a buildup of lactic acid in the body -- is a rare complication of taking metfor...
If I'm going to have surgery, can I keep taking my metformin?
If you are going to have surgery, talk to your doctor about whether you can keep taking metformin ...