What happens if I miss a dose of Glumetza (metformin)?

If you miss a dose of Glumetza (metformin), take the missed tablet as soon as you realize you have missed it. Make sure you take your missed dose with some food. If you do not remember you missed it until it is time to take your next dose, skip the dose you missed. Do not take extra tablets or double up on doses. If you are concerned about missing a dose of Glumetza, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
Can Metformin cause kidney problems?
MediGuardMediGuard
Actually, metformin is usually not the original cause of kidney problems.  However, metformin is eli...
How does metformin (Glucophage) help treat type 2 diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Metformin is an oral medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes. It lowers blood glucose by reducing...
Am I likely to get lactic acidosis from taking metformin?
Lactic acidosis -- a buildup of lactic acid in the body -- is a rare complication of taking metfor...