What is Glucophage XR?

Glucophage XR is the extended-release form of the diabetes drug Glucophage (metformin). The medication in Glucophage XR is released slowly, so you can take one dose with dinner instead of two doses at different meals.

While Glucophage is safe for children 10 years and older, Glucophage XR is not recommended for children younger than 17.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
How should I take metformin?
Metformin is taken in tablet or solution form. It comes in various dosages and is often used in...
What happens if I miss a dose of metformin?
If you miss a dose of metformin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next...
Could I be allergic to metformin?
It's possible to be allergic to metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a prescription medication that's...