Is there a generic version of Glucophage?

A generic version of Glucophage, a drug prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes, is available under the name metformin. It is made by several manufacturers.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
If I get dehydrated, can I keep taking my metformin?
If you become dehydrated while on metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a drug used to treat type 2 ...
What are the side effects of metformin?
Side effects may include vomiting, diarrhea, gas, indigestion, and abdominal bloating or cramping. O...
If I'm going to have surgery, can I keep taking my metformin?
If you are going to have surgery, talk to your doctor about whether you can keep taking metformin ...