How soon after taking Glumetza (metformin) will my symptoms improve?

Glumetza (metformin) is meant to be part of a daily management plan for controlling Type 2 diabetes. Because of this, you may have to take Glumetza for an extended period of time, and it will probably take several weeks or months for your doctor to determine the correct dosage for you. The ideal dosage is the minimum amount of medication it takes to effectively control blood sugar levels. It is important to follow your doctor's instructions regarding dosage in order to prevent overdose and successfully control your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Can my child with type 2 diabetes take metformin?
Your child with type 2 diabetes may be able to take metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a drug use...
Why is metformin a key medication for people with diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
For many years, the first-line medication for Type-2 Diabetes has been the pill called metformin...
How should I take metformin?
Metformin is taken in tablet or solution form. It comes in various dosages and is often used in...