How soon after taking Glumetza (metformin) will my symptoms improve?

Glumetza (metformin) is meant to be part of a daily management plan for controlling Type 2 diabetes. Because of this, you may have to take Glumetza for an extended period of time, and it will probably take several weeks or months for your doctor to determine the correct dosage for you. The ideal dosage is the minimum amount of medication it takes to effectively control blood sugar levels. It is important to follow your doctor's instructions regarding dosage in order to prevent overdose and successfully control your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
What should I know about metformin before taking it?
Your doctor will need to test your kidney function before starting treatment. Patients who take met...
If I'm going to have surgery, can I keep taking my metformin?
If you are going to have surgery, talk to your doctor about whether you can keep taking metformin ...
How does metformin interact with other medications or foods?
Medications that interact with metformin include digoxin, cimetidine, furosemide, nifedipine, am...