People who have avsulfa allergy can take metformin. However, make sure your doctor and pharmacist are aware of all of your allergies and medications so that the proper screening can be done when you have your prescriptions filled.
- Q Does metformin interact with other medications?
- Q Can muscle pain be a side effect of taking metformin?
- Q Can I take metformin with insulin for my type 2 diabetes?
- Q What health problems besides diabetes may be treated with metformin?
- Q Can people with type 1 diabetes take metformin?
- Q Can my child with type 2 diabetes take metformin?