People who have avsulfa allergy can take metformin. However, make sure your doctor and pharmacist are aware of all of your allergies and medications so that the proper screening can be done when you have your prescriptions filled.
- Q Do blood sugar readings fluctuate by using metformin?
- Q Am I likely to get lactic acidosis from taking metformin?
- Q Can I get low blood sugar levels when taking metformin?
- Q How does metformin help control glucose levels?
- Q Is metformin safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?
- Q What are oral hypoglycemic agents for type 2 diabetes?