Is there a generic version of Riomet?

The generic version of Riomet is metformin, a drug that -- along with proper diet and exercise -- helps people with type 2 diabetes control their blood sugar levels. Riomet works by decreasing the liver's glucose production and reducing the amount of glucose absorbed by the intestines.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Is metformin safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?
Metformin should not be used during pregnancy unless it is really needed and directed by the doc...
What is the right dose of taking Metformin if my blood sugar is increasing?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Was it Shakespeare that said “a man who is his own lawyer has a fool for his client?” Regardless, I ...
What should I know about metformin before taking it?
Your doctor will need to test your kidney function before starting treatment. Patients who take met...