How do I properly store and handle Glumetza?

With any medicine, storage and handling is important. Guidelines for Glumetza include:

• Keep tightly closed
  • Keep in original container
  • Keep away from children and pets
  • Store at room temperature (59° to 86°F)
  • Keep away from excess heat and moisture
  • Never crush or chew the tablet
  • Throw away any expired or unnecessary medicine

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Is metformin safe for long term use?
Most people have mild side effects with metformin. This drug is safe for long term use; however ...
How should I take metformin?
Metformin is taken in tablet or solution form. It comes in various dosages and is often used in...
How does metformin help control glucose levels?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
In December 1994, metformin (Glucophage) was approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration. I...