How should I take Riomet?

Riomet (metformin) is a liquid that you take by mouth before meals. Doctors usually prescribe a low dose to start so that you don't develop gastrointestinal side effects and also as a way to figure out the most effective dose for you. It's important to monitor your blood sugar as directed to make sure your levels stay within a safe range.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Why is metformin a key medication for people with diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
For many years, the first-line medication for Type-2 Diabetes has been the pill called metformin...
How should I take metformin?
Metformin is taken in tablet or solution form. It comes in various dosages and is often used in...
Who should take metformin?
People with type 2 diabetes who have not been able to control their condition through diet and e...