How should I take Riomet?

Riomet (metformin) is a liquid that you take by mouth before meals. Doctors usually prescribe a low dose to start so that you don't develop gastrointestinal side effects and also as a way to figure out the most effective dose for you. It's important to monitor your blood sugar as directed to make sure your levels stay within a safe range.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
If I'm going to have surgery, can I keep taking my metformin?
If you are going to have surgery, talk to your doctor about whether you can keep taking metformin ...
Can taking metformin help me live longer?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
There's one intriguing fact about metformin: it may increase longevity. Some of you may know that se...
Can people with type 1 diabetes take metformin?
People with type 1 diabetes should not take metformin. This prescription medication for controllin...