How should I take Riomet?

Riomet (metformin) is a liquid that you take by mouth before meals. Doctors usually prescribe a low dose to start so that you don't develop gastrointestinal side effects and also as a way to figure out the most effective dose for you. It's important to monitor your blood sugar as directed to make sure your levels stay within a safe range.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
What happens if I miss a dose of metformin?
MediGuardMediGuard
You want your glucose readings to go down and not up when you are treating diabetes. Don't skip a da...
Does metformin cause kidney damage?
Metformin by itself is unlikeley to cause kidney damage, but it is known to be excreted by the k...
Can the diabetes drug metformin reduce the risk of prostate cancer?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
Some studies have shown that men with diabetes are less likely to develop prostate cancer than the g...