How should I take Glumetza (metformin)?

Glumetza (metformin) comes in the form of a tablet that you take by mouth. Make sure to swallow the tablets whole; never crush, break, or chew Glumetza tablets. To reduce the risk of side effects like stomach pain and nausea, take Glumetza with your evening meal. Because Glumetza is part of your Type 2 diabetes treatment, you should follow a proper diet and exercise plan along with taking this medication. It is important to take Glumetza exactly according to your doctor's instructions.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Can I drink wine if I take metformin?
You should not drink wine or any other alcoholic beverage while you're taking metformin (Glucophag...
Is metformin safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?
Metformin should not be used during pregnancy unless it is really needed and directed by the doc...
Can my child with type 2 diabetes take metformin?
Your child with type 2 diabetes may be able to take metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a drug use...