Metformin is a prescription medication that is used to treat type 2 diabetes. It helps to control blood sugar by decreasing the amount of sugar that is produced in the liver, increasing the sensitivity of insulin receptors and limiting the amount of sugar that is absorbed by the body from food. It may be combined with other treatments like insulin. This medication is used in conjunction with exercise and diet.
- Q If I'm sick and can't eat, can I take my metformin without food?
- Q Can Metformin cause kidney problems?
- Q What is metformin?
- Q Is loss of taste a side effect of metformin?
- Q Can taking metformin help me live longer?
- Q Are allergies / asthama the side effects of metformin?