Yes, metformin is a generic version of brand names Glucophage, Fortamet, Glumetza and Riomet. It is also one of the ingredients in the following combination medications: Actoplus Met, Actoplus Met XR, Avandamet, Glucovance, Glumetza, Janumet, Metaglip, Prandimet, glipizide-metformin, glucophage-metformin and others. Your doctor will determine which version is right for you.
- Q Can the diabetes drug metformin reduce the risk of prostate cancer?
- Q If I get dehydrated, can I keep taking my metformin?
- Q Can I continue to take metaformin if I am now using insulin?
- Q How does metformin interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Are there any risks in taking metformin?
- Q Can I take metformin with insulin for my type 2 diabetes?