Yes, metformin is a generic version of brand names Glucophage, Fortamet, Glumetza and Riomet. It is also one of the ingredients in the following combination medications: Actoplus Met, Actoplus Met XR, Avandamet, Glucovance, Glumetza, Janumet, Metaglip, Prandimet, glipizide-metformin, glucophage-metformin and others. Your doctor will determine which version is right for you.
- Q Is metformin effective?
- Q Can my child with type 2 diabetes take metformin?
- Q Is my father at risk of lactic acidosis from taking metformin?
- Q Can taking metformin help me live longer?
- Q Does Metformin cause diarrhea?
- Q Does metformin interact with other medications?