Yes, metformin is a generic version of brand names Glucophage, Fortamet, Glumetza and Riomet. It is also one of the ingredients in the following combination medications: Actoplus Met, Actoplus Met XR, Avandamet, Glucovance, Glumetza, Janumet, Metaglip, Prandimet, glipizide-metformin, glucophage-metformin and others. Your doctor will determine which version is right for you.
- Q If I'm sick and can't eat, can I take my metformin without food?
- Q Can metformin increase my weight?
- Q Who should not take metformin?
- Q How effective does Metformin remain when taken for long periods?
- Q Is Metformin bad for kidneys?
- Q Can I continue to take metaformin if I am now using insulin?