Would a low impact job affect my metabolism?

Yes, a low impact job will be less active and will require to do less physically, this in turn will cause you to burn less total calories. Over time your body will compensate by slowing the metabolism.
A low impact or sedentary job will most likely cause your metabolism to slow down. This happens because your body does not need to burn as many calories in order to maintain function. A sedentary job is one of the many reasons people gain weight each year. In order to combat this, make sure that you exercise more and watch what you eat!

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

How to Hack Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
At a fundamental level, weight loss comes down to a simple formula: reduce your calorie intake, increase your activity level, and you’ll start to see ...
How can I boost my metabolism at night?
Keep your metabolism motor running all night long with a Spicy Red Icey. Combine a spicy red wine, l...
How does sitting affect my metabolism?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
You may be busting your hump in the gym after work, but those nine hours sitting at your computer ar...
How Does the Metabolism Influence Weight Loss?