How can exercising in short bursts boost my metabolism?

When you exercise in short bursts, you wake up your muscles, causing them to immediately demand more calories and then burn them fast. A short dance or walking up a sudden hill are examples of such sudden bursts that can give your metabolism a boost.

Start by sitting in a chair. Stand up but don't use your arms. Instead use your quads and your glutes to get up. Repeat a few times for a burst that'll build muscle and burn fat.

Work your arms, legs, butt, back and core in only five minutes.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
The Benefits of Eating Your Food Slowly
Chances are, you were told as a kid to chew your food slowly so you didn't choke. Well, now there’s a new reason to chew your food. Eating fast makes ...
What causes reduced metabolism in a person who is a chronic dieter?
Kent Holtorf, MDKent Holtorf, MD
There are a number of physiologic mechanisms that result in a hypo-metabolic state seen with ove...
What type of metabolism do I have?
Metabolisms vary from person to person, but there are a few standard types. In this video, Dr. Oz de...
Can All Natural Supplements to Speed Metabolism and Weight Loss?