How can eating too little slow my metabolism?

Dolvett Quince
Fitness
The body needs the vitamins, minerals and protein from food to sustain energy. When you eat too little, you deprive yourself of what is needed. No nutrients and no fuel equals low metabolism!

The 3-1-2-1 Diet: Eat and Cheat Your Way to Weight Loss--up to 10 Pounds in 21 Days

Besides not providing enough of all the vitamins, minerals and protein we need every day, not eating enough slows down our metabolic rate. The metabolic rate keeps the energy used by the body for all its processes balanced with the amount of energy taken in. If we do not provide enough food to keep us running at 100% the body must figure out how to conserve energy. A few symptoms are: heart rate, body temperature and blood pressure fall, the gastrointestinal tract slows down, muscle mass is used for energy, skin and hair become dry or fall out, extreme fatigue, and dizziness. When the metabolic rate is low it is actually easier to pick up weight.

Continue Learning about Metabolism and Weight Loss

How to Hack Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
At a fundamental level, weight loss comes down to a simple formula: reduce your calorie intake, increase your activity level, and you’ll start to see ...
How can I boost my metabolism at night?
Keep your metabolism motor running all night long with a Spicy Red Icey. Combine a spicy red wine, l...
What is starvation metabolism?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Many dieters work against themselves by starving their way into what's called starvation metabol...
How Does Not Eating Enough Fat Affect My Metabolism?