Why is metabolic syndrome dangerous?

Identifying metabolic syndrome is important because the syndrome increases the risk for cardiovascular disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, kidney disease and other problems. People with metabolic syndrome are twice as likely to develop heart disease and five times as likely to develop diabetes as those who don't have metabolic syndrome.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

Is metabolic syndrome X serious?
Metabolic syndrome X can be a very serious condition as it may lead to heart disease and diabetes wh...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X?
When caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X, it is important to monitor their diet and exercis...
Metabolic Syndrome Leads to a Perfect Storm in the Body
Metabolic Syndrome  Leads to a Perfect Storm in the Body
What is Metabolic Syndrome and How Does It Raise My Heart Disease Risk?