Should I talk to my doctor about my metabolic syndrome X symptoms?

If you suspect that you have metabolic syndrome X symptoms, you should talk to your doctor. The symptoms for this put you at great risk for serious illness, like heart attack and stroke. Metabolic syndrome X is best treated if caught early. Talk to your doctor if you have elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure, belly fat, high blood sugar or full-blown diabetes. If you have one or more of the factors of metabolic syndrome X it is wise to get checked out for the other symptoms.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

How is eating sugar linked to metabolic syndrome?
Jorge CruiseJorge Cruise
Sugar consumption has been linked to metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is a combination of a number ...
What are signs of metabolic syndrome in women?
Celeste Robb-NicholsonCeleste Robb-Nicholson
About 23% of American women have metabolic syndrome, a constellation of attributes that increases th...
What is Metabolic Syndrome and How Does It Raise My Heart Disease Risk?
Metabolic Syndrome Affects 47 Million Americans