Should I talk to my doctor about my metabolic syndrome X symptoms?

If you suspect that you have metabolic syndrome X symptoms, you should talk to your doctor. The symptoms for this put you at great risk for serious illness, like heart attack and stroke. Metabolic syndrome X is best treated if caught early. Talk to your doctor if you have elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure, belly fat, high blood sugar or full-blown diabetes. If you have one or more of the factors of metabolic syndrome X it is wise to get checked out for the other symptoms.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

What are signs of metabolic syndrome in women?
Celeste Robb-NicholsonCeleste Robb-Nicholson
About 23% of American women have metabolic syndrome, a constellation of attributes that increases th...
How many people in the United States suffer from metabolic syndrome X?
Approximately 34 percent of the adult population in the United States meets the criteria for metabol...
What is Metabolic Syndrome and How Does It Raise My Heart Disease Risk?
How Do I Know If I Have Metabolic Syndrome?