Is my life expectancy affected by metabolic syndrome X?

Your life expectancy is directly impacted when you are diagnosed with metabolic syndrome X. Metabolic syndrome X puts you at greater risk for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and sudden heart attack. Even if these complications do not end your life they will significantly weaken your body leaving you susceptible to other illnesses.

You can increase your life expectancy by treating the factors that cause metabolic syndrome X. Treatment of abdominal obesity, elevated blood sugar, high blood pressure, and increased cholesterol can add years to your life.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

Is metabolic syndrome X serious?
Agueda Hernandez, MDAgueda Hernandez, MD
This syndrome encompasses a group of risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high blood sugar, un...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X?
When caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X, it is important to monitor their diet and exercis...
Can Curcumin Help Those with Metabolic Syndrome?
Metabolic Syndrome Leads to a Perfect Storm in the Body
Metabolic Syndrome  Leads to a Perfect Storm in the Body