How does smoking affect metabolic syndrome X?

Smoking has been linked to increased risk for metabolic syndrome X. There is a correlation between smoking and insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is one of the main factors that contribute to metabolic syndrome X. Smoking is also known to contribute to cardiovascular disease. It is widely accepted treatment to insist that those with metabolic syndrome X quit smoking as part of their treatment for the condition.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

What do I need to know about caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X?
When caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X, it is important to monitor their diet and exercis...
What is metabolic syndrome X?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Syndrome X is a condition in which the body makes more insulin than necessary after the consumpt...
Metabolic Syndrome Affects 47 Million Americans
How Do I Know If I Have Metabolic Syndrome?