How do other illnesses affect me if I have metabolic syndrome X?

You will be more susceptible to other illnesses when you have metabolic syndrome X. Metabolic syndrome X weakens your system placing you at a greater risk for all types of cardiovascular disease including heart disease and stroke. You have a higher likelihood of developing type 2 diabetes, which can lead to kidney disease, nerve damage, and vision problems. With metabolic syndrome X you have a shorter life expectancy and have an increased likelihood of dying prematurely.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

What is metabolic syndrome X?
Elizabeth Casparro, MPH,RDElizabeth Casparro, MPH,RD
Metabolic Syndrome X is a condition in which there are multiple health-related abnormalities, but no...
Is metabolic syndrome X serious?
Metabolic syndrome X can be a very serious condition as it may lead to heart disease and diabetes wh...
Metabolic Syndrome Leads to a Perfect Storm in the Body
Metabolic Syndrome  Leads to a Perfect Storm in the Body
How Is Metabolic Syndrome Treated?
How Is Metabolic Syndrome Treated?