How can I change my diet to lower my risk of metabolic syndrome?

The diet to prevent metabolic syndrome is very similar to recommendations you would follow if you have a diagnosis of metabolic syndrome: Eat a diet low in fat, with a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole-grain products; Lose weight so that your body mass index (BMI) is less than 25; Manage blood pressure and blood sugar by eating lots of vegetables, whole grains, and fish and limiting salt, refined carbohydrates, and alcohol.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

What are signs of metabolic syndrome in women?
Celeste Robb-NicholsonCeleste Robb-Nicholson
About 23% of American women have metabolic syndrome, a constellation of attributes that increases th...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X?
When caring for someone with metabolic syndrome X, it is important to monitor their diet and exercis...
Metabolic Syndrome Affects 47 Million Americans
How Do I Know If I Have Metabolic Syndrome?