How can I change my diet to lower my risk of metabolic syndrome?

The diet to prevent metabolic syndrome is very similar to recommendations you would follow if you have a diagnosis of metabolic syndrome: Eat a diet low in fat, with a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole-grain products; Lose weight so that your body mass index (BMI) is less than 25; Manage blood pressure and blood sugar by eating lots of vegetables, whole grains, and fish and limiting salt, refined carbohydrates, and alcohol.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome (X)

How common is metabolic syndrome?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
The epidemic of metabolic syndrome has spread to adolescents and young adults. Studies now show t...
Is metabolic syndrome X serious?
Agueda Hernandez, MDAgueda Hernandez, MD
This syndrome encompasses a group of risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high blood sugar, un...
Can Curcumin Help Those with Metabolic Syndrome?
How Do I Know If I Have Metabolic Syndrome?