What are the treatment options for metabolic syndrome?

The treatment options for metabolic syndrome are closely related to those for weight loss surgery. They include the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, the adjustable gastric band, as well as the duodenal switch or the bilio-pancreatic diversion operation. Today, metabolic syndrome is most commonly treated with the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, the sleeve gastrectomy and somewhat to a lesser degree the adjustable gastric band.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome X Treatments

Will I need to take medicines to treat metabolic syndrome X?
Medications treat metabolic syndrome X by remedying the individual conditions that increase your ris...
How is metabolic syndrome X treated?
Treatments for metabolic syndrome X include changes to your life and medications to address individu...
Are there alternative treatments for metabolic syndrome X?
Alternative treatments for metabolic syndrome X include use of homeopathic remedies and nutritional ...
What can I do with diet to treat my metabolic syndrome?
Laura Motosko, MSEd, RDLaura Motosko, MSEd, RD
Metabolic syndrome is treated with medications, weight loss, and physical activity guided by a multi...