Is there a cure for metabolic syndrome X?

There is no cure for metabolic syndrome X, but with a commitment to adjusting your daily life you may be able to postpone its onset. Excess fat around the midsection, high cholesterol and elevated blood sugar can often be prevented with a nutritious and heart healthy diet.

Eating a diet that is high in whole grains, fiber and lean meat and low in salt, saturated fat and processed foods can ward off the factors that combine to create metabolic syndrome X. Participate in physical activity and exercise on a daily basis to increase calorie expenditure, heart health and blood circulation. Visit your doctor to get regular check ups and stay on top of your health.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome X Treatments

How is metabolic syndrome X treated?
Treatments for metabolic syndrome X include changes to your life and medications to address individu...
What are the treatment options for metabolic syndrome?
Melissa B. Bagloo, MDMelissa B. Bagloo, MD
The treatment options for metabolic syndrome are closely related to those for weight loss surgery. T...
Can eating grapefruit help fight metabolic syndrome?
There's a tart and juicy breakfast fruit that might help keep metabolic syndrome in check. We're...
What can I do with diet to treat my metabolic syndrome?
Marilyn Ricci, M.S., R.D.Marilyn Ricci, M.S., R.D.
Metabolic syndrome is a side effect of many antipsychotic medicines which makes it very difficult to...