Is there a cure for metabolic syndrome X?

There is no cure for metabolic syndrome X, but with a commitment to adjusting your daily life you may be able to postpone its onset. Excess fat around the midsection, high cholesterol and elevated blood sugar can often be prevented with a nutritious and heart healthy diet.

Eating a diet that is high in whole grains, fiber and lean meat and low in salt, saturated fat and processed foods can ward off the factors that combine to create metabolic syndrome X. Participate in physical activity and exercise on a daily basis to increase calorie expenditure, heart health and blood circulation. Visit your doctor to get regular check ups and stay on top of your health.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Syndrome X Treatments

How is metabolic syndrome X treated?
Treatments for metabolic syndrome X include changes to your life and medications to address individu...
What can I do with diet to treat my metabolic syndrome?
Laura Motosko, MSEd, RDLaura Motosko, MSEd, RD
Metabolic syndrome is treated with medications, weight loss, and physical activity guided by a multi...
Will I need to take medicines to treat metabolic syndrome X?
Medications treat metabolic syndrome X by remedying the individual conditions that increase your ris...
How does weight loss surgery help people with metabolic syndrome?
Melissa B. Bagloo, MDMelissa B. Bagloo, MD
For years, doctors have observed that weight loss surgery resolves diabetes in over 80% of obese peo...