When should I seek immediate help for dehydration in children?

Seek care immediately or call 911 if your child has any of these symptoms of dehydration in children:

• Will not drink or breastfeed at all.
  • Has a very dry mouth or cries without tears.
  • Has blood in his vomit or stool.
  • Has a sudden muscle spasm or seems jittery.
  • Has cold hands or feet or his face looks pale (without color).
  • Seems confused and is not answering you, or you cannot wake him up.
  • Has a seizure.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
How can I prevent dehydration?
Studies have shown that losing as little as 2 percent of your body weight in fluid will adversely af...
What is the difference between androgen insensitivity syndrome and gender dysphoria?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Androgen insensitivity syndrome is not the same thing as gender dysphoria. Androgen insensitivity sy...