When should I see a doctor about hypercalcemia?

You should see a doctor as soon as you notice symptoms of hypercalcemia. The first symptoms are often vomiting, nausea, excessive thirst, excessive urination, and pain in the abdomen. The sooner you see a doctor, the greater your chances of treating hypercalcemia without suffering long term or dangerous complications.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
What are the symptoms of dehydration in children?
If they’re a little dehydrated, their lips may be dry and their mouth may feel a bit gummy or sticky...
How can I prevent dehydration during exercise?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To prevent dehydration during exercise try the following: Sip 7 to 10 ounces of fluid every 10 to...