What is the treatment for Kennedy's disease?

Currently, there is no known cure for Kennedy's disease. The treatment is symptomatic and supportive. Physical therapy and rehabilitation to slow muscle weakness and atrophy may prove helpful.

This answer is based on source information from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...
How can I prevent dehydration?
Dr. Ricardo E. Estape, MDDr. Ricardo E. Estape, MD
You can avoid dehydration by following a few basic guidelines. Don’t wait until you are thirsty t...