What is the prognosis for Kennedy's disease?

Kennedy's disease has a slow progression. Individuals tend to remain ambulatory until late in the disease although some may be wheelchair-bound during later stages. The life span of individuals with Kennedy's disease is usually normal.

This answer is based on source information  from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...
What are the symptoms of severe dehydration?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
It’s vital to catch dehydration early because it doesn’t take long for it to turn into more severe d...