What are the symptoms of severe dehydration?

It’s vital to catch dehydration early because it doesn’t take long for it to turn into more severe dehydration, which in extreme cases can result in death. The symptoms of moderate to severe dehydration are:
  • fast, weak pulse
  • fainting
  • severe muscle contractions
  • convulsions
  • heart failure
  • urine color

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...
What is amyloidosis?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Amyloidosis is a rare and potentially life threatening disease which occurs when toxic amyloid prote...