What is the developmental age for someone with a mucolipidoses condition?

The typical developmental level for someone with a mucolipidoses condition varies by disease type and individual. For example, children born with MLI (sialidosis) typically die in their first year without meeting any milestones.  Children who have MLIV often fail to develop their language or movement skills beyond those of a toddler.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Treatment for Porphyria
Treatment for Porphyria
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders that impact the body’s ability to produce heme. Heme is a natural compound needed to make red blood cells, tra...
Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...
How do metabolic disorders affect the body?
Metabolic disorders are often inherited, meaning they are caused by genetic problems that affect the...