Should I talk to my doctor about my metabolic disorder symptoms?

Because there are so many types of metabolic disorders, there is a wide variety of potential symptoms. To make matters more complicated, many of the symptoms of metabolic disorders are similar to those of other conditions. Most metabolic disorders are inherited, and most of the time, children will develop symptoms for these very early in life. Symptoms are often quite serious, so it's important to talk to a doctor if you or your child has symptoms of a metabolic disorder.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
What is gangliosidoses?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The gangliosidoses are a group of inherited metabolic diseases caused by a deficiency of the differe...
What are the treatment options for amyloidosis?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
As amyloidosis is both rare and complex, seeking a proper diagnosis is important, and may require se...