Should I talk to my doctor about my hyperkalemia symptoms?

Hyperkalemia does not usually have symptoms until it has become severe, so you should definitely talk to your doctor then. Symptoms consist of abnormal beating of the heart or heart stoppage, weak and fatigued muscles, paralysis, and nausea. This condition is serious, and individuals who experience these symptoms should contact a doctor.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Treatment for Porphyria
Treatment for Porphyria
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders that impact the body’s ability to produce heme. Heme is a natural compound needed to make red blood cells, tra...
Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
Are blood sugar levels important for acid-base metabolism disorders?
High and low blood sugar levels can make people more susceptible to acid-base metabolism disorders. ...
How does a doctor diagnose amyloidosis?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Symptoms of amyloidosis are frequently vague and appear similar to those of other common diseases sp...