Should I talk to my doctor about my hyperkalemia symptoms?

Hyperkalemia does not usually have symptoms until it has become severe, so you should definitely talk to your doctor then. Symptoms consist of abnormal beating of the heart or heart stoppage, weak and fatigued muscles, paralysis, and nausea. This condition is serious, and individuals who experience these symptoms should contact a doctor.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
How can I prevent dehydration during exercise?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To prevent dehydration during exercise try the following: Sip 7 to 10 ounces of fluid every 10 to...
What are lipid disorders?
Lipid disorders are a group of conditions characterized by abnormal levels of fatty substances in th...