Should I be worried about hypercalcemia?

If you suffer from cancer, or from a disability that leaves you partially or entirely immobilized, hypercalcemia may be a cause for worry. If you take calcium supplements, especially if your diet already contains plenty of calcium, you may want to speak to your doctor about the possibility of hypercalcemia. Excessive supplement use over time can lead to hypercalcemia. If you are diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism, you may also have developed hypercalcemia. If your hypercalcemia is severe, you may need to be hospitalized. If it is mild, your doctor may recommend delaying treatment.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
What are metabolic disorders?
Metabolic disorders disrupt the body's ability to make or break down important substances found in f...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...