Should I talk to my doctor about mucolipidoses symptoms?

If you are pregnant and are concerned that you may be a carrier of a mucolipidoses condition, you should talk to your doctor. You may want to have genetic testing done in early pregnancy. If you think that your child has symptoms of a mucolipidoses, such as delayed mental and motor development or severe vision problems, your doctor can help with accurate diagnosis and counseling.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
Treatment for Porphyria
Treatment for Porphyria
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders that impact the body’s ability to produce heme. Heme is a natural compound needed to make red blood cells, tra...
How do metabolic disorders affect the body?
Metabolic disorders are often inherited, meaning they are caused by genetic problems that affect the...
What are the symptoms of severe dehydration?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
It’s vital to catch dehydration early because it doesn’t take long for it to turn into more severe d...