Should I talk to my doctor about mucolipidoses symptoms?

If you are pregnant and are concerned that you may be a carrier of a mucolipidoses condition, you should talk to your doctor. You may want to have genetic testing done in early pregnancy. If you think that your child has symptoms of a mucolipidoses, such as delayed mental and motor development or severe vision problems, your doctor can help with accurate diagnosis and counseling.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
Treatment for Porphyria
Treatment for Porphyria
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders that impact the body’s ability to produce heme. Heme is a natural compound needed to make red blood cells, tra...
How do metabolic disorders affect the body?
Metabolic disorders are often inherited, meaning they are caused by genetic problems that affect the...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...