What kind of mucolipidoses research are scientists conducting?

Although the ML disorders have no cure, scientists are learning more about this condition through natural history studies, basic lab research, and clinical research. Through this research, the genes for many of the ML conditions was discovered and genetic testing was developed. Current work is focused on learning more about the disease and working to find treatments.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
What is the difference between androgen insensitivity syndrome and gender dysphoria?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Androgen insensitivity syndrome is not the same thing as gender dysphoria. Androgen insensitivity sy...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...