Is bone marrow transplant a successful cure for mucolipidoses disorders?

Some researchers have found that bone marrow and cord blood transplants have shown success in treating mucolipidoses. This treatment, however, is extremely risky and few people with ML qualify for the procedure. Scientists continue to research treatment options.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
How can I prevent dehydration?
Dr. Ricardo E. Estape, MDDr. Ricardo E. Estape, MD
You can avoid dehydration by following a few basic guidelines. Don’t wait until you are thirsty t...
How can I prevent dehydration during exercise?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To prevent dehydration during exercise try the following: Sip 7 to 10 ounces of fluid every 10 to...