Is androgen insensitivity syndrome painful?

ogen insensitivity syndrome (AIS) isn'lly painful. Physical symptoms may include a lack of pubic hair and a lack of menstruation and infertility (in women with complete AIS) or ambiguous genitals and a combination of male and female characteristics (in people with partial AIS). These effects may cause great emotional and psychological pain, but in most cases, they're not physically painful.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
What are the symptoms of dehydration in children?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Look for these signs of dehydration in your child: Sunken eyes The soft spot is sunken on top of...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...