How do I manage my mucolipidosis on a daily basis?

Physical, occupational, and speech therapists can help improve the quality of life for people with mucolipidoses conditions. Doctors might suggest thinning or thickening your food so that a person does not choke when they eat. Medications to increase bone density may help with bone pain and related issues.  Iron and B12 supplements may also be helpful in managing symptoms of the disease. Keeping in regular communication with doctors will help families cope with mucolipidoses.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Treatment for Porphyria
Treatment for Porphyria
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders that impact the body’s ability to produce heme. Heme is a natural compound needed to make red blood cells, tra...
Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
What is systematic amyloidosis?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
There are three major types of systemic amyloidosis: Primary amyloidosis (AL), the most common f...
Are blood sugar levels important for acid-base metabolism disorders?
High and low blood sugar levels can make people more susceptible to acid-base metabolism disorders. ...