How do I manage my mucolipidosis on a daily basis?

Physical, occupational, and speech therapists can help improve the quality of life for people with mucolipidoses conditions. Doctors might suggest thinning or thickening your food so that a person does not choke when they eat. Medications to increase bone density may help with bone pain and related issues.  Iron and B12 supplements may also be helpful in managing symptoms of the disease. Keeping in regular communication with doctors will help families cope with mucolipidoses.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
What are the treatment options for amyloidosis?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
As amyloidosis is both rare and complex, seeking a proper diagnosis is important, and may require se...
What is the difference between androgen insensitivity syndrome and gender dysphoria?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Androgen insensitivity syndrome is not the same thing as gender dysphoria. Androgen insensitivity sy...