How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?

Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help control and manage the disorder. Most people with metabolic disorders must follow a strict diet to avoid the substance that sets off their disorder. As a result of the diet, some people have to take vitamins and other supplements to make up for any nutrient or chemical deficiencies they may have. Sometimes, daily injections may be necessary.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
What are the symptoms of dehydration in children?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Look for these signs of dehydration in your child: Sunken eyes The soft spot is sunken on top of...
What is gangliosidoses?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The gangliosidoses are a group of inherited metabolic diseases caused by a deficiency of the differe...