How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?

Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help control and manage the disorder. Most people with metabolic disorders must follow a strict diet to avoid the substance that sets off their disorder. As a result of the diet, some people have to take vitamins and other supplements to make up for any nutrient or chemical deficiencies they may have. Sometimes, daily injections may be necessary.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...
How do metabolic disorders affect the body?
Metabolic disorders are often inherited, meaning they are caused by genetic problems that affect the...