How do I manage my hypercalcemia on a daily basis?

Hypercalcemia should ideally be treated and resolved, rather than managed, since it can result in serious complications like coma and death. If you are at risk for chronic or recurrent hypercalcemia, due to immobility, cancer, or other conditions, your doctor can help you manage your hypercalcemia with medications. If you have suffered kidney damage as a result of hypercalcemia, you may need to undergo hemodialysis.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
How can I prevent dehydration?
Studies have shown that losing as little as 2 percent of your body weight in fluid will adversely af...
What is the difference between androgen insensitivity syndrome and gender dysphoria?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Androgen insensitivity syndrome is not the same thing as gender dysphoria. Androgen insensitivity sy...