How do I manage my hypercalcemia on a daily basis?

Hypercalcemia should ideally be treated and resolved, rather than managed, since it can result in serious complications like coma and death. If you are at risk for chronic or recurrent hypercalcemia, due to immobility, cancer, or other conditions, your doctor can help you manage your hypercalcemia with medications. If you have suffered kidney damage as a result of hypercalcemia, you may need to undergo hemodialysis.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
Treatment for Porphyria
Treatment for Porphyria
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders that impact the body’s ability to produce heme. Heme is a natural compound needed to make red blood cells, tra...
What is systematic amyloidosis?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
There are three major types of systemic amyloidosis: Primary amyloidosis (AL), the most common f...
What are the symptoms of dehydration in children?
If they’re a little dehydrated, their lips may be dry and their mouth may feel a bit gummy or sticky...