How is hypercalcemia diagnosed?

Hypercalcemia itself can be diagnosed by a simple blood test. Your doctor may want to perform additional tests to determine the underlying cause of your hypercalcemia. These tests could include X-rays, MRI scans, CT scans, and mammogram.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Treatment for Porphyria
Treatment for Porphyria
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders that impact the body’s ability to produce heme. Heme is a natural compound needed to make red blood cells, tra...
Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...
How can I prevent dehydration?
Dr. Ricardo E. Estape, MDDr. Ricardo E. Estape, MD
You can avoid dehydration by following a few basic guidelines. Don’t wait until you are thirsty t...