How is hypercalcemia diagnosed?

Hypercalcemia itself can be diagnosed by a simple blood test. Your doctor may want to perform additional tests to determine the underlying cause of your hypercalcemia. These tests could include X-rays, MRI scans, CT scans, and mammogram.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Why a Balanced Diet is Important to Managing Porphyria
While there are no specific dietary guidelines for people with porphyria, eating well is still an important aspect of overall health and wellness for ...
How to Help Others Understand the Challenges of AHP
Living with acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) can be difficult, especially if your friends and family don't understand the condition. Watch this video wit...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...
What are the symptoms of severe dehydration?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
It’s vital to catch dehydration early because it doesn’t take long for it to turn into more severe d...