How can being dehydrated affect my energy levels?

Kate Geagan
For the ultimate energy boost, the best secret is to be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially with midmorning and midafternoon snacks. As little as 2% dehydration can leave you crankier, less able to concentrate, and feeling more sluggish. Who needs that? Bring a reusable water bottle to work and keep it in front of you -- it’ll be a powerful visual reminder to drink throughout the day.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
Do You Have Porphyria? Know the Symptoms
Porphyrias are a group of rare metabolic disorders that can cause a wide range of symptoms, ranging from severe blistering when exposed to sunlight, t...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...
How can I prevent dehydration?
Studies have shown that losing as little as 2 percent of your body weight in fluid will adversely af...