There are a few options available on the market for hydration. For most of us who participate in moderate-intensity exercise 4-5 times a week, water is more than adequate for hydration. Coconut water has gained attention recently for its hydrating properties. It contains a higher content of potassium than most sports drinks. This helps muscles recover faster after exercise. Sports drinks are preferred in long distance runners and if you sweat a lot during exercise. They contain electrolytes and carbohydrates that are necessary when running long distances.
- Q Can I prevent dehydration without drinking excess fluids?
- Q How can I prevent dehydration during exercise?
- Q How is dehydration diagnosed?
- Q How can I stay hydrated?
- Q How can dehydration affect sports performance?
- Q How can being dehydrated affect my energy levels?