Can androgen insensitivity syndrome be prevented?

Because androgen insensitivity syndrome is caused by genetic mutations, it's not really possible to prevent it. Many times, these mutations are inherited from a mother who is a carrier of the mutation. If you know you're a carrier of the disease, you may want to talk with your doctor about the risks before having children. Sometimes, though, the mutations occur spontaneously, and there's no known way to prevent that.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Porphyria: Tips for Working With a Healthcare Provider
Porphyrias are metabolic disorders related to the buildup of natural chemical compounds called porphyrins, which the body makes during the production ...
4 Helpful Resources for Porphyria Patients
Porphyria is the term used to describe a group of metabolic disorders that affect the nerves, skin and gastrointestinal tract—or in some cases, all th...
What are the symptoms of severe dehydration?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
It’s vital to catch dehydration early because it doesn’t take long for it to turn into more severe d...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...