Are there alternative treatments for hypercalcemia?

Alternative treatments do not address hypercalcemia, though it may offer complementary treatments for some of its causes, such as cancer. Western medicine can usually offer effective treatments for this condition. Once high blood calcium levels are brought back under control, surgery or medications can be used to treat hypercalcemia caused by hyperparathyroidism. Other treatments may be necessary for other causes of hypercalcemia.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Do You Have Porphyria? Know the Symptoms
Porphyrias are a group of rare metabolic disorders that can cause a wide range of symptoms, ranging from severe blistering when exposed to sunlight, t...
Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
How do I manage my metabolic disorder on a daily basis?
Depending on the type and severity of the metabolic disorder, a variety of daily treatments may help...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...