Are mucolipidoses serious?

Mucolipidoses Mucolipidoses diseases are very serious. They are inherited, have no cure, and can reduce life expectancy. There is prenatal testing available that may help you make family planning choices. If your child has mucolipidoses, your doctor can refer you to physical, speech, and occupational therapists who can help you improve your child's quality of life.

Continue Learning about Metabolic Disorders

Types of Porphyria: Acute, Cutaneous and More
Porphyria is the name given to a group of metabolic disorders related to abnormal enzyme activity during the production of heme, an important componen...
Identifying and Avoiding Common Porphyria Triggers
Porphyrias are rare metabolic disorders caused by abnormal enzyme activity that affects the way the body produces heme (a substance that is vital to t...
What should I do if I get dehydrated?
If you are dehydrated, you should try to rehydrate by drinking water or other liquids such as sports...
How can I prevent dehydration during exercise?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To prevent dehydration during exercise try the following: Sip 7 to 10 ounces of fluid every 10 to...