What are the symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis?

The symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis can vary depending on what is causing the inflammation of the lymph nodes. The inflammation may cause tenderness and redness to the skin that lies over the area. The common symptoms may include fever, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, or pain in the abdominal region. With children, abdominal pain is quite common. Unless the pain is severe or accompanied by a fever and/or other symptoms then it may not be a problem unless it persists for about five days, in which case you should contact the doctor. Swollen lymph nodes that do not bring about any symptoms or pain should be checked by the doctor because this may indicate another serious disorder.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

What are the treatment options for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
There is not much treatment for a normal case of mesenteric lymphadenitis, especially the viral case...
How common is mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis is more common in children and teenagers than adults. Mesenteric lympha...
How do I manage my mesenteric lymphadenitis on a daily basis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis only lasts for a few days or weeks before it clears on its own. During the ...
What are some ways I can treat my pain from mesenteric lymphadenitis?
To treat the pain of mesenteric lymphadenitis, you should try using a warm compress over the abdomin...