What increases my risk for mesenteric lymphadenitis?

The people who are most at risk to contract a case of mesenteric lymphadenitis are children. Since the stomach flu is one common cause, you should try to avoid anyone who has that virus and always wash your hands to prevent a bacterial infection. Uncooked meat, unpasteurized milk, or contaminated water can contain yersinia bacteria, which may give you an infection that leads to mesenteric lymphadenitis. Practicing good health habits may lower your risk of contracting this condition.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

What are the symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis?
The symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis can vary depending on what is causing the inflammation of t...
What are some ways I can treat my pain from mesenteric lymphadenitis?
To treat the pain of mesenteric lymphadenitis, you should try using a warm compress over the abdomin...
Is mesenteric lymphadenitis life threatening?
Most cases of mesenteric lymphadenitis are neither serious or life threatening. However, mesenteri...
Are there alternative treatments for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
There are a few alternative treatments for mesenteric lymphadenitis, which is usually not a serious ...