Should I talk to my doctor about my mesenteric lymphadenitis symptoms?

Talk to your doctor if you think you have the symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis. Although mesenteric lymphadenitis usually is not serious, pain or symptoms may be confused with appendicitis. Your doctor should be able to diagnose it based on your symptoms alone, but there are also tests, such as a computer tomography (CT) scan, to distinguish between the two. Many times children complain of minor stomach pain, but if it is ever sudden and accompanied by a fever or other symptoms, then you should take your child to the doctor. Also let your doctor know if you have enlarged lymph nodes that are not red or do not hurt.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

Are there alternative treatments for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
There are a few alternative treatments for mesenteric lymphadenitis, which is usually not a serious ...
Is mesenteric lymphadenitis life threatening?
Most cases of mesenteric lymphadenitis are neither serious or life threatening. However, mesenteri...
How do medications treat mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Since there is no specific treatment for mesenteric lymphadenitis, the only medication that woul...
How does mesenteric lymphadenitis affect the body?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis can affect the body in several ways. The inflamed lymph nodes of mesent...