Should I talk to my doctor about my mesenteric lymphadenitis symptoms?

Talk to your doctor if you think you have the symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis. Although mesenteric lymphadenitis usually is not serious, pain or symptoms may be confused with appendicitis. Your doctor should be able to diagnose it based on your symptoms alone, but there are also tests, such as a computer tomography (CT) scan, to distinguish between the two. Many times children complain of minor stomach pain, but if it is ever sudden and accompanied by a fever or other symptoms, then you should take your child to the doctor. Also let your doctor know if you have enlarged lymph nodes that are not red or do not hurt.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

How is mesenteric lymphadenitis diagnosed?
Depending on your doctor, mesenteric lymphadenitis may be diagnosed through a number of differen...
How do I manage my mesenteric lymphadenitis on a daily basis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis only lasts for a few days or weeks before it clears on its own. During the ...
How do other illnesses affect mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis can be related to other illnesses the body has contracted. An untreated...
What causes mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Any case of lymphadenitis generally results from an infection in the body. Inflammation of the lymph...